Privacy Law Compliance
When you have a live website, you are advertising your business nationally and internationally. So, that means that your website is required to be legally compliant with Privacy Law by having The following:
- Cookie banner
WHICH Privacy Laws apply to your business?
The answer depends on the following:
- What kind of Personal Identifiable Information (PII) do you collect,
- Purpose of collecting PII
- With whom do you share such PII,
- from where in the world do you collect PII
- Do you share such PII?
- Etc, etc. etc.
There are different privacy laws to consider when DRAFTING (NOT COPYING) to make sure your business website is legally compliant with Privacy Law. In the USA, we have several federal laws that address specific aspects of Privacy Law such as, but not limited to:
- HIPAA for medical information
- COPPA for children PII
- FCRA for credit reporting
- GLBA for financial institutions
There are also several state privacy laws such as, but not limited to:
- CCPA/CPRA from California
- CDPA from Virginia
- CPA from Colorado
- Shield Act from NY
Internationally, there are several privacy laws around the world such as, but not limited to:
- GDPR from the European Community
- LGPD from Brazil
- PIPEDA from Canada
Of course, there are many more countries in different continents with Privacy Laws.
Any questions, contact me to help you be legally compliant email@example.com. You can also schedule a time to speak with me, please click here: https://calendly.com/audrey-advertisinglaw/15min
I look forward to working with you,